we are on our way
Please read the terms and conditions prior to your booking as your acceptance of these terms and conditions is required to proceed with the booking.
Health & safety
While many consider the home to be a place of safety and comfort, there are a wide range of risks involved for those working in a home environment and we all have an obligation under the Workplace Health and Safety Act 1995 to provide a healthy and safe workplace for workers in the workplace including in private homes.
What you should as a client should consider regarding workplace safety:
• maintain a safe work environment (e.g. restrain animals, consider parking & access, provide a clear work area & adequate lighting)
• inform workers of any known hazards.
• cooperate with workers to ensure safe work procedures and a safe work environment (e.g. move furniture to allow adequate work space based on assessed needs)
• look after their own in-home safety (e.g. maintain electrical equipment and safety switches to switchboards)
What technician will do on arrival regarding workplace safety:
• communicate and understand what services are to be provided
• conduct a 5 point risk assessment
• If the assessment shows that workers are exposed to significant risks, service providers will determine whether they need to modify or suspend that particular service until the risk has been adequately controlled.
• wear personal protective equipment (PPE) and be trained in its use
• assess additional services before being performed
• review an activity that may have changed to ensure the controls are still working or need to be altered
• document the daily monitoring of the service
Payment is to be made on completion to the technician onsite. Payment can be made by cash, electronic funds transfer or credit card*. Residential metropolitan rates for gas technician servicing, testing, diagnostics and fault identification is $131.82 plus GST for up to the first half hour onsite. Further labour rates after the first half hour are to be charged at $31.82 plus GST for every quarter hour or part thereof. If your area is classified as regional, charges may vary. These charges can be confirmed by contacting the office staff and will be set prior to booking. Missed appointments and/or non canceled appointments a minimum fee of the first half hour will apply. *Additional fees may be set and charged by the credit card service provider which Protec gas services has no control over. Generally these fees range from 1.2-1.4% depending on the individual credit card merchant fees.
Warranty Terms and Conditions
Warranty is valid in country of purchase only. This warranty is given by Eco Plumbing Pty Ltd T/A Protec Gas Services. Spare parts is warranted by the Company to be free from defects for a period of 120 days from the date of purchase. Workmanship is warranted by the technician for a period of 365 days. The benefits offered by this warranty are in addition to your rights and remedies under Australian Consumer Law. Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to major failure. In the event of a minor failure, the Company reserves the right to choose to repair or replace the part.
To make a warranty claim, you must be able to supply proof of purchase. In the first instance, you should call Customer Care on 08 83537912. The Company will create and retain a computer record of your application.
The Company will bear expenses incurred for warranty claims, excluding the cost of transport of the part for service or the service agent’s travelling costs to and from your home if you live outside the service area of the Company or one of its service agents.
This warranty will not apply in the following cases:
- i) any defect or damage which is a result of repair, alteration or modification carried out without the written permission of the Company.
- ii) the use of parts not manufactured, sold or approved by the Company are used in any replacement or repair.
- iii) the appliance is operated on an electrical, gas or water supply which differs from the ratings specified on the rating plate and instructions for installation and use of the appliance.
- iv) the appliance is damaged as a direct result of incorrect installation or being used for a purpose for which it not designed, sold or otherwise not in accordance with any instructions for installation and use.
- v) if changes occur in the condition or operational qualities of the appliance due to incorrect storage, mounting, climate or any other influence outside the control of the Company.
- vi) the appliance is damaged as a result of operating the appliance incorrectly or when it was known to be defective.
- vii) when parts requiring replacement due to normal wear and tear including the replacement of the following parts: lenses, globes, glassware, fuses, filters, door seals, bags and similar parts were not replaced.
- viii) when the clearing of blockages in pumps, filters and hoses did not take place.
- ix) when damage is caused directly or indirectly by utility supply problems, lack of user care, electrical storm damage or incorrect power supply.
- x) when the cause of a defect or damage is due to operator error.
Need an expert? You are more than welcome to leave your contact information and we will be in touch shortly.